5 quick things you should know about BOTOX® treatment
- It prevents headaches and migraines before they even start. BOTOX® prevents on average 8 or 9 headache days and migraine/probable migraine days a month (vs 6 to 7 for placebo) at 24 weeks.
- It’s given every 12 weeks. It will take 2 treatments, 12 weeks apart to determine how well BOTOX® is working for you. If you don’t get treated every 12 weeks, you may not get the full benefit of BOTOX®.
- lt is a small needle. People say that the injections feel like tiny pinpricks.
- It is injected by a BOTOX® specialist. This is a doctor who’s experienced in treating with BOTOX®.
- It takes about 15 minutes. The injections take about 15 minutes, and are done right in your docto(s office.
Botox for migraines can have the same aesthetic effect that cosmetic Botox has, which kills two birds with one stone for people who may desire that effect.